Wow. I just don't get it. I don't understand myself. I am so down, so angry. "Over what?" you ask, gentle reader. Over a plant, a stupid bush. I want to scream and cry and break things because a plant that I had got destroyed and no one thought to tell me. How absolutely immature that I would place such value in a plant; that I got for free from a start that I can, I am sure, get again. But that is exactly where I am at and I don't see myself moving from here for a while. I don't know why but I identified myself with that plant. Last year someone had cut it down to the rootball but it grew back. I thought, little bush if you can grow again after having the life snuffed out of you then so can I. But now it has literally been ripped out of the ground, stomped on, ripped to pieces. There is nothing of the roots left for it to grow again. I wonder if part of me considers this a portent of things to come in my life. Where balance, just a few days ago, seemed a possibility, now not so much.
So tell me someone, just how do you effect a paradigm shift?
Addendum: I wasn't going to post this as it is basically a rant. I have moved on somewhat, but I wanted to remember this moment to see how it compares with others I might have. Still sad about the plant, but not angry anymore.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment